Host Chris Walder (@WalderSports) invites Casey Bannerman (@CaseyBannerman), an NBA artist and illustrator who designs NBA merchandise, prints, and apparel, onto the program.
Some of the topics the two discuss include:
* What it's like seeing his apparel out in the open and being recognized in public
* What inspired Casey to first get into art
* How easy it is to be critical of your own work
* How to take art to the next level and monitize
* Dealing with the toxicity of social media and Casey's own battles with his mental health
* Creating art of Pascal Siakam's father and the jewelry Pascal now wears regularly of it
* Partnering with Fred VanVleet on his "Heart of the City" merch line
* The initial reaction to Scottie Barnes getting drafted by the Raptors and the online backlash
* Which professional sports logo needs a total makeover
* Casey getting his driver's license
* Casey's mother posing with celebrities
* Halloween costumes we wish to never see again
and so much more!
Listen here: https://waldersports.podbean.com/e/the-walder-sportscast-w-casey-bannerman-toronto-raptors-artwork-scottie-barnes-draft-receipts-jason-sudeikis-photos/